The role of leadership is
something we can all step into with input and support from peers and
colleagues. If you are managing one person or a whole team – you will be having
an impact every day on how effectively people and your organisation develop and
succeed. This programme will help you to gain greater self-awareness,
consider how to motivate and support others and understand more about teams and
managing change. It will also help you to understand the difference between
leadership and management and build your confidence to consider what it means
to be a leader.
Who is it for?
This leadership programme is aimed at current or aspiring leaders within established third sector organisations who would like to develop their skills as an effective, progressive, and self-aware leader.
and Self directed learning
|11 & 18 January 2023
||15 & 22 February 2023
||22 & 29 March 2023
9:30 - 2:30pmDuration:
Cost: This programme is funded by
Scottish Government through Just Enterprise and places are available at the
highly subsidised rate of £120 for 6 days.
A great example of a programme that had been carefully developed and thought through so it could be of most value to the participants
- Make the connection between leadership theory and the role of a leader
- Use practical learning tools to reflect on your role and your key strengths and weaknesses
- Develop an awareness of leadership topics such as motivation, setting and communicating direction and emotional intelligence
- Learn to use participatory techniques to improve engagement in the groups you are working in
- On completion of this programme participants have the opportunity to complete a 10 credit SCQF level 9 qualification in Leadership, accredited by Glasgow Caledonian University, at an additional cost of £95
Catriona Morrison is the Business Development Manager at Spartans Community Football Academy, a thriving social enterprise. As a facilitator, Catriona particularly enjoys her role in creating safe spaces for meaningful conversations and reflection that so often contribute to a powerful learning experience.
Find out more about Catriona.
Programme Manager Louise Ross | 0300 302 3333 | firstname.lastname@example.org