- Leading in Cultural Tourism
Leading in Cultural Tourism
This is a ground-breaking new programme to enable Irish and Scottish Gaelic speakers to shape the development of cultural tourism in their regions.
The programme will help leaders in tourism-based organisations to understand the rapidly changing nature of tourism and tourists, and the critical role they can play in the development of the tourism sector in their destination, and ensure that initiatives are market-led, sustainable and collaborative. We will explore cultural tourism in detail, presenting practical examples, and uncovering how it impacts on your local place and people.
Who is it for?
Leaders of community organisations seeking to be active in tourism developments who speak Irish or Scottish Gaelic and is supported by Bòrd na Gàidhlig. More details can be found here https://www.gaidhlig.scot/en/
Residential weekend in Galway
3 x online guest speaker sessions on Thursday evenings via Zoom
Residential weekend on Skye
April 2023 May 2023
Cost: Accommodation meals and programme fees are funded. You will need to cover the cost of your own travel expenses to the residential weekends.
Thought provoking, empowering, long lasting and relevant.
- Create a strategic vision for the sustainable development of cultural tourism in your area, using Irish and Scottish Gaelic language as a key strength and driver.
- Develop your leadership skills to realise this vision.
- Plan for the sustainable development of your own tourism enterprise.
- Gain an active peer network of Gaelic language-focused tourism leaders from across Ireland and Scotland.
As well as being a well-known traditional Gaelic singer who has performed and tutored all over the world, Anne Martin runs Whitewave – Skye’s Outdoor Centre with husband John White. You can find out more about Anne here.
Ella Camille | Ella@socialenterprise.academy